Friday 19 October 2012

SAVE SHAMBELLIE HOUSE!


Hello everyone! Now I realise I have been circulating my previous post about Shambellie House and there is a very good reason for that. Shambellie House, the costume museum is facing closure.

So I have decided to write another post in the hope of encouraging all of you to take a couple of seconds to register and try and save this gorgeous museum by taking a couple of seconds out your busy day to take part in a petition. Save Our Museum!

National Museum of Costume

 The museum closes at the end of October and a decision will be made in November so I highly suggest if you can please go to the museum and have a look around, lets give the museum a new lease of life in what may be its last 10 days.

The 'Of the Peg Style, 40s and 50s Horockses Fashions.' exhibition is still on going and on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th October 2 -4 the museum is also having a Halloween Mystery. Which would be a brilliant day out for any family, the museum also has a lovely tea room and shop (got a lovely traditional dolls house from the shop when I was a wee girl).



So I ask again please sign the petition here, Save Our Museum! and if you get a chance please go see this lovely museum and read my previous post about the exhibition, .here.


P.S go to the National Museum Scotland website to read more about Shambellie House, National Museum of Scotland

Thank You,
Katharine xx


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for bringing this to my attention - off to sign the petition...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I'm going to email this on to as many people as I can, including the art history dept at the University of Glasgow!

    ReplyDelete